Important Information for UK passport holders:
As procedures for employment post-Brexit are still not confirmed, we now privilege applications from those in possession of a valid EU work permit or dual nationals.
Of course, we WILL make exceptions for the right UK candidates and will organise visas on your behalf - but as it takes more administration time, we will only do so if you can impress us with your proven skills and capabilities.
Our Chalet Hosts:
Our chalet hosts are responsible for providing our guests with a great catering experience, a clean and comfortable chalet and a wealth of knowledge about the resort.
We are looking for experienced individuals and/or chalet couples (or pairs who do not mind sharing a room) for the entire season 21/22. Couples or friends must be established enough to be able to withstand lots of pressure as you will be working and living closely with each other every day for the whole winter season (December to April!)
We are particularly keen to hear from mature, enthusiastic people who have a positive outlook, a passion for creating delicious food, incredible attention to detail, and an ability to quickly build strong relationships with a variety of different people.
All applicants must be over 21 and required to have competency in the kitchen as well as in general cleaning and housekeeping as these are equally important and both are a major part of the job.
• A passion for cooking – You will provide our guests with delicious breakfasts, cakes and dinners. You must have a good underlying knowledge of cooking, alongside experience of catering for large dinner parties, a background in catering or cooking, or attendance on a chalet-focused cookery course.
• A keen interest in hosting people – You will have daily interaction with our guests and play a huge part in making our guests’ holiday a great one. We are looking for applicants with a sociable personality who will enjoy getting to know new guests every week.
• Flexibility – You have a high degree of flexibility. All team members may be required to do any ad hoc duties or cover other chalets in case of emergency.
• High performance standards - You will perform all aspects of your role to the highest possible standards, whether it be cleaning, food preparation, chalet administration or guest interaction.
• Excellent organisational skills - Half the battle of being a chalet host is already won if you can plan your time effectively and work efficiently.
• A good level of physical fitness and stamina - The role involves a lot of time on your feet (working and skiing!) so a good healthy balanced lifestyle is key for the season.
• Common sense - You must be able to use your head to problem solve at short notice and work on your own initiative without needing constant instruction.
• English speaking: Most of our guests are from the UK so fluent English is essential.
We will always make sure you have plenty of time off every day to ski (including changeover day, if you get everything done on time) and we will ensure you are always fully supported, prepared and equipped to take care of your chalet and guests each week. A happy team results in happy guests.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
How to apply:
If you are over 21 and think you have got what it takes to balance the demands of a busy winter season and ensure that our guests have the holiday of a lifetime, please apply now with a copy of your CV, covering letter, confirmation of your right to work in France for the Winter 21/22 season (if possible) and a weekly evening menu plan that you are capable of cooking. We will be testing you!
We offer a competitive salary, 2 days off per week, accommodation, meals, ski passes, equipment hire, health and ski insurance and holiday pay for the entire season. Working hours cover breakfast, morning baking and dinner prep and evening cooking/service. If you are efficient and can manage your time well, you will have plenty of time in the afternoon to enjoy the snow and mountains!
We recruit using Skype / Zoom for our initial meetings during the summer with face-to-face interviews held in London at a mutually convenient time between September and October so please send us your CVs as soon as possible to be considered.
Click here to apply NOW for next season!
Working for us is not like working for the bigger companies - we interview you directly and we actively support you on a regular basis during the season as we live in resort. You will be part of a close-knit team so you will never be alone.
However, we expect our team to work independently using their initiative and buckets of common sense. You must be flexible, hardworking, remain calm in a crisis and not get flustered easily and all this while keeping a smile on your face. Running a ski chalet doesn't always run smoothly and go according to plan!
We run a week of chalet training in resort before the season start date where you will learn our menu and how we operate and give you a week to get your allocated chalet ready, practice your menu and be prepared and confident enough so you can welcome your first guests. Working in a ski chalet can be extremely challenging but also very rewarding, especially if you have a real passion for cooking and hosting dinner parties. Not forgetting the skiing, snowboarding, mountain sports...
Chris & Cyril